I've been having such fun rediscovering old books with my…
My office building is largely populated by fancy interior designers. I just ran across one in the elevator rocking a white blazer embroidered with sandpipers, linen pants and loafers with no socks. I guess today’s heat went to his head!
Inspired by this decorator extraordinaire, I have found some preppy embroidered pieces that are perfect for a hot day in San Francisco:
- J Crew polo – You can choose your own color and embroidered “critter” online.
- Dog polos – I don’t have a dog, but if I did, the little cruiser would totally be wearing a lobster polo to work today!
- Castaway skirt – If you have the guts to wear this extreme prep, go for it! I personally would rather be caught dead.
- Palm belt – This is adorable with just the right amount of embroidery. Imagine it with jeans, a white blazer and these shoes!
- Penguin sweater – I have one in lilac passed down from a friend. It’s so comfy and just a tiny bit prep.
Happy hot weather day!