This Bluefly sale is pretty great! I wasn't expecting to…
Last night’s Ladies Activity Club party was one of our best so far! Hostess, Victorianna, came up with the idea of making bookmarks and having a book exchange for April. Each guest brought a wrapped copy of one of their favorites and we had a “white elephant” style switch. You would have thought we invented sliced bread with this idea, everyone was so into it. It’s all the fun of a book club but without the reading assignment.
Here’s the list of recommendations from the SF LAC:
- One Thousand White Women – About a controversial “brides for indians” program in the 1870’s.
- Oh the Glory of it All – A scandalous expose of San Francisco high society from Dede Wilsey’s stepson.
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – A story of fate and dysfunction in New York.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife – This book came wrapped with a package of tissues tied to the top, which pretty much says it all.
- East of Eden – A timeless Steinbeck for anyone who lives near Salinas.
- The Handmaiden’s Tale – Set in bleak future where women have few rights.
- One for the Money – Clever stories featuring a female bounty hunter.
- Out of Africa – This was my contribution! I’ve read it probably 15 times.
- The Fountainhead – Ayn Rand’s novel about politics and society.
Everyone left the party inspired to become a full-blown bookworm! You can view all the photos from last night online here.