The Black & White Ball is only a few weeks…
One of the very first things our troop said they wanted to learn this year was first aid. So, to earn the red “Courageous & Strong” badge, we arranged for a special meeting about preparing for emergencies, basic first aid and calling 911.
- Welcome: Coloring name tags and tula the tulip coloring sheets.
- Opening circle: The Girl Scout promise and handshake.
- Discussion: What “courageous”means and stories of being brave.
- Wiggle activity: Practicing duck and cover in the event of an earthquake, stop-drop-and-roll if you’re on fire and a “musical chairs” marching game where we shouted out different emergencies to test the girls.
- Activity: Special guest, Lauren, talked about when to call 911, first aid volunteering at a hospital before helping the girls assemble mini first aid kits with band-aids, gauze and an alcohol pad.
- Coloring: The girls decorated name, address and phone number reminder cards to put in their first aid kits. Daisies who finished early practiced making slings and ankle wraps with fabric.
- Closing circle: Badge ceremony, magic penny song and friendship circle.