Rob and I just returned from five days in a…
It’s been a fun, sad, nice and weird week here in San Francisco. The heat wave finally ended. I went to a new spa. Trent had eye surgery. Jean left the city. I made some new friends. Whew! Here’s what I learned during all this madness:
- Bliss spa is fun but very expensive. If you go, be sure to make full use of their lounge, snacks and sauna.
- Beard Papa’s cream puffs are huge!
- No matter how often I do yoga, I am always terribly sore for the next few days.
- It’s okay to be really sad and sulky when you sister moves to North Carolina.
- Hooray for discounted blueberries!
- Eye surgery is a disgusting miracle of modern science.
- A granny cart is a city must-have. I managed to do three loads of laundry all by myself on Thursday with the help of the cart.
- I can only manage to scrounge up about four decent outfits for hot weather before completely running out of ideas.
- Walking to work takes about 30 minutes and is quite pleasant.
- See’s Candy should really deliver.
- I love this show.
- A subset of Murphy’s law: The day you straighten your hair will always be foggy and damp.
- People who live where homes are affordable should avoid talking about real estate with people who live in San Francisco. It is bad for our blood pressure.
- Half a cup is four ounces (Thanks for asking Nicole…what were you making anyways?)
- Pretending not to be shy can help you actually not be shy.
- Duboce Triangle is the best neighborhood in the city!
Let’s hope next week is a little bit less dramatic! Rob and I have our five year anniversary on Wednesday and we’re going to Manchester Beach next weekend.