Living in a California city, you get used to the…
- Everyone should visit San Francisco!
- Go see Live Free or Die Hard, it’s fun.
- If you love fall, and it feels like fall, why not just pretend it really is fall.
- Weather is such a unifying topic.
- Skinning chicken makes me feel sort of tough and French-like.
- Coq au vin: Easy and delicious. Even better the next day.
- It’s much easier to walk 1.5 miles to work and back in sneakers than low heels.
- Still enjoying Coupling.
- Black licorice scotty dogs are a good work snack.
- I might have found a buyer for the Miata, keep your fingers crossed.
- I can sort of play Clementine and Amazing Grace on the ukulele with Rob.
- I kind of like washing dishes (we don’t have a dishwasher and Rob usually does them).
- Any city dweller should appreciate this version of Aesop’s fables from the New Yorker.
- Jean and I also love this column on urban botany clubs from the latest issue. Jean, because of the ferns. Me, because I like anything involving “founded in Victorian times.”
- The New Yorker is so great.
Rob and I are going to the climbing gym and then picking up the apartment tonight. Tomorrow, Nicole is coming into the city early, Rob’s friend Seth is coming for a visit and Margaret will be joining us on Sunday. I love a full house!
Next Post: Things I Love Today: Sun!