Rear Window earns a high place on my list of…
For someone who never washed her face at night until approximately age 27, my new skin care routine is a little boggling. But it is working very well and you can’t knock success. I just need good skin for a few more weeks! Here’s my current recipe:
- Oil of Olay Age Defying Cleanser– Nothing too fancy here, it’s scrubby and not too drying. I’m off Philosophy’s Purity.
- Vitamin C Serum – I bought this on aesthetician peer pressure at a spa and thought it was bunk for a long time. It actually seems to help a lot. My skin is firmer and brighter.
- Remergent HQ – Purchased on peer pressure from my dermatologist’s receptionist (pattern emerging?) I’m using it to lighten some of my darkest freckles before the wedding.
- Tamanu Oil – Rob got it on the recommendation of a co-worker. It helps your skin to heal quickly and is a natural antibiotic.
- Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream – For the remaining dry bits in between all the rest of this.
- Cucumber Toner – To clear off everything from last night and help my sunblock absorb.
- Key’s Solar RX Sunblock– SPF 30 for UVA and UVB and still light enough to go under make-up. Plus, all organic, vegan, EWG, ya ya-ness. Caution though: it smells like flea dip and isn’t good as a durable sunblock for outdoor exercising.
Voila! Combined with drinking a lot of water, exercising, trying not to stress and the occasional $40 2-hour back-room Chinese facial and my delicate Scottish skin is doing okay. What’s your favorite magic skin potion?