You can tell just how big a geek I am…
It is hot in the city. We’ve been in a two week gradual heat wave building up to 90 degree temps. There’s no air conditioning anywhere; just lots of open windows and iced tea. Despite the heat, this has been a productive week:
- Hooray for a 3 day weekend! I needed that day off to work on the wedding.
- Getting a marriage license is strange.
- We rode our tandem bike to City Hall for the license…which is pretty adorable.
- Our waiting room was occupied by two exuberant 4 year olds running in circles and a big family taking photos of a happy gay couple. The process was so formal; and then followed by receiving a 40 page booklet about prenatal vitamins and chlamydia. Not so adorable.
- Volunteering rocks.
- Our caterer for the wedding is also great. She’s low key and hardworking.
- I made table number cards for the reception tables out of extra “curtain” letterpress sheets and numbers cut out of extra RSVP envelopes. They’re very cute.
- One downside of wedding planning is waking up at 4:30 am with general anxiety about doing a “bad job.” I’ve been pretty relaxed about the wedding, but it bubbles up once in a while.
- Cindy McCain scares me a little bit. Did you read about her $300,000 outfit?
- Do our young neighbors across the back think we’re cool because of our weeknight jam sessions? They can definitely see us playing and I think they can hear us too.
- The $5 bow ties for boys arrived and are perfect.
- Only 15 days until the wedding!
- Dick Cheney.
- This week’s San Francisco art is by LauraMarieW via Etsy.
Have a great weekend! We leave tomorrow for Tahoe and a friend’s wedding on Sunday that will involve travel by ski lift. It should be a good one!