This was another weekend of funny San Francisco events! On…
Nothing like spending almost a full week stuck inside your apartment, fueled by large quantities of sudafed, to kick off a mean bout of spring cleaning. This year’s is especially diligent seeing as how Rob and I both spent the last three months working like crazy at our startup jobs and paying no attention to ourselves. Here’s my to-do list:
- Put away tweeds, winter coats, heavy sweaters and other clothes from my lovely winter wardrobe.
- Pack up big bags of anything I haven’t worn in years to be donated.
- Unpack my sparse summer wardrobe and vow to buy more summer clothes.
- Review the status of dry cleaning, ironing, shoe repair, missing buttons, lingerie and other essential supplies.
- Clean out purse.
- Switch from winter perfume to summer perfume.
- Re-stock make-up and nail polish supplies.
- Update Facebook and LinkedIn profiles.
- Call repairman for broken oven thermostat and overheating clothes dryer.
- Re-caulk the bathtub, again.
- Freshen up sheets and linens.
- Polish silver.
- Write any forgotten thank you notes.
- Check on investments and savings plans.
- Plant pansies.
- Start watering garden daily again.
- Tires and oil.
- Car wash.
- Remove chains and winter supplies from trunk.
- Clean out desk drawers.
- Toss dead pens.
- Deep clean laptop.
- Update framed photos.
- Add new candle and fresh flowers.
Amazingly, about half of this list is already done! Much more progress than I thought when I started writing it out. What is your favorite spring cleaning ritual?